Dec 3, 2018 7 0 65 Seymour MO Name Wayne A David Boat 15' Scanoe Dec 3, 2018 #1 Hello, I'm a vintage fisherman but I use mostly new tackle. Douglas 9' FLY ROD W/CASE. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. Half-Wells grip. The rod will be shipped in this plastic rod caddy tube. And performance was the name of the game from day one. Limited Stock! Five Friends In 1952, five friends who were Seattle businessmen and shared a passion for fishing started a new fishing rod company near Kent, Washington. Welcome to the NEW Antique Rod & Reel Library. 2 1/2" in diameter. Fenwick fishing rods are popular among both saltwater and freshwater anglers. Other identification numbers written on pole: 0T6f-HCH, B12815. Make sure you include the length, number of sections, any identifying markings and the general condition. In the early 50s, Pacific Laminates developed a high pressure lamination technique. Now all the lower end reels are make in China because of lower cost. Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. … 15.3k Followers, 165 Following, 384 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Fenwick (@fenwickfishing) Sign In. In order to enable us to continue to grow the Library we have created the Rod & Reel Exchange. Fenwick HMG Travel Casting Rod. Using 6lb braid and a 3/8 oz jig. ~ 6wt. The more you know about your fishing rod and what it’s worth, the easier it is to get a fair price. VINTAGE FENWICK SPINNING ROD 1960"B" FENWICK'S DON& JIM GREEN DESIGNED AND BUILT GRIZZLY ROD COMPANY VENERABLE BLANK FENWICK FS65'B' 6' 6" SPINNING ROD BIG WATERS AND LONG CASTS- NO PROBLEM FOR YOU GUYS'GUESSING' WHAT MAKES IT SO VALUABLE- FENWICK WAS BUILDING MEDAL FERRULES ON THESE EARLY RODS. Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods. 594. Don't let this deal pass you by. old rod identification - posted in Reference Material & Information: I recently stumbled upon a few old rods and i was wondering if anyone could help me identify them in hopes that i can know what they are. Fenwick Feralite Combination Spin Fly Fishing Rod sf74-4, 7 foot, 3.75 ounces. Back then, before fiberglass and graphite composites, fishing rods were often made of light, tough, and pliable bamboo or ash, with maple butts and grips of cork. ACTION 3/8-1oz. The Magnum rods were claimed to have a "progressive taper" that … According to Johnson's Fenwick book, there were a few more serial number years before Woodstream discontinued the practice. I only agree with one choice, the Fenwick Feralite rod. This fiberglass rod had a tremendous impact on fly fishing They eliminated the stiff heavy metal ferrules used on other rods and put a light powerful but still delicate rod into the hands of average fly fisherman. 7. $40.00. It is definitely a blank number and not a rod number in my opinion.I don't think Fenwick had spigot ferrules though. Watch. Rod is named "Beaver" (not beaverkill ). $35.00 shipping. Knockoffs would be copies of high end products with fake labels or trademarks. In 1947, Pacific Laminates hired Herb Jenks away from NARMCO (Conolon). I kind of got stuck on … Downlocking reel seat with walnut filler. Save vintage fenwick ultra light spinning rod to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. Here is some information on Fenwicks made in Asia. At some point in the past, I think someone on this board sent me a link to a chart that showed how the letter in the serial number could determine the year a particular rod was made. Fenwick Fenglass Lunkerstik 2000 Fishing Rod#2060 Awesome 6' Extra Nice Fishing Rod Up for bids is this Fenwick Fenglass Lunkerstik 2000#2060 Awesome 6' fishing rod. Though often overshadowed by fishing lures and reels, fishing rods are the source of the word "angler," so they deserve our respect.That’s because in medieval England, fishing rods were known as "angles." Fenwick HMX Spinning Fishing Rod features a smooth intermediate modulus carbon fiber blank Fuji® reel skeleton and full reel seats Fenwick HMX Spinning Fishing Rod, Light, 6-ft, 2-pc | Canadian Tire $15.00 shipping. There is not a marking one anywhere and I have no idea what the wt is. The decision to discontinue sales of Fenwick blanks was made by Fenwick management in 1984 for several reasons. The rod measures at 7 1/2' and that is where I am stuck. I have a Fenwick Blank that my Grandfather gave me 30 plus years ago. Watch. The description of one rod I found called the guides "Edna wire guides". Teton Fly Reel Tioga 8. Fenwick HMX Spinning Fishing Rod features a smooth intermediate modulus carbon fiber blank Fuji® reel skeleton and full reel seats Its an Aspen Series rod and made by Fenwick Taiwan. Label on rod says "Genuine Tonkin Cane.Fish rod, Horrocks Ibbotson, Utica NY,Made in U.S.A. with red HI logo in middle. The most expensive bamboo rod sold in an auction was about 20'000$ worth. Watch. One of the guys who bought the Fenwick book posted this a while back ... Winglas I think: Fenwick's later FFxxx three digit model numbers are certainly pretty straight forward but I have to admit I'm totally confused by their earlier FFxx two digit model number system. G. Gasconade Newbie. To view the Rod & Reel Exchange simply click on the enter button below. As New, probably unfished. THIS IS … Rod Identification Help Please. 1. Donny was correct through N (yes, there is a typo for "H"). The information is on page 167. From my research, I believe it may be a Fenwick due to the cross wrappings near the handle that were once there. the maroon fiberglass is in vg. Fenwick Eagle Casting Rod (2020) $69.99. I am interested to know this as well. Ending Wednesday at 5:04AM PST 10h 57m. These were conventional, tubular fiberglass rod blanks. They are models SP-844F and SP 782F, preferably in brown. Does anybody know anything about this rod? Fenwick Eagle Medium 2-pc Spinning Fishing Rod features B2 buried cork design that provides the feel of traditional cork, but is ore chip-resistant and durable Stainless steel guides with stainless steel inserts are lightweight, strong and corrosion-resistant Its an Aspen Series rod and made by Fenwick Taiwan. $14.90 shipping. Line weight ratings are not given and are hardly important - you most likely would know about what line size you'd use on blanks of these powers. CA626 - 1/2 to 1-1/4. Thanks Paveglass! 8. It shows some minor light ware marks from normal use. Rods in great/new shape came with a pfleuger medalist real that’s in excellent shape as well. $12.70 shipping. CA684 - 3/8 to 5/8. Chat. $75.00. Know the brand names. All eyes are in perfect condition and wrapped perfectly. I have a Fenwick catalog dated 1981. Without knowing anything about your rod, condition, or knowing what you paid for the rod, I would put a value of $50 - $80 on the rod. I can see how a FF70 is a 7' rod, but how does a FF79 become an 8' 5/6wt?. 1390. In the Fenwick 1981 rod builders' catalogue the two HMG 7 1/2 ft blanks are a #5 and a #6 weight so, given the age and soft, deeper action of these rods (in their smaller sizes) I'd start light and work up the weights until you find your best match. By 1948, Pacific Laminates was making the Silaflex line of fiberglass fishing rods (later called the Standard series). That answers my question exactly! ... Laser-etched 5-5021t-590-4 Reference on reel seat for quick rod identification. It also looks like the handle has been changed, as the metal on the handle above the foam does not match the reel seat. A hard to find rod! Don H This new section of the Antique Rod & Reel Library is a place where one can participate in the buying and selling of vintage fly tackle and related equipment. $29.95 shipping. I recently bought on ebay a Fewick AF 806 fly rod. Moreover, many US soldiers brought home many souvenir bamboo rods from Japan at the end of the Second War World and these are … Heddon fly rod. On the shores of Lake Fenwick, a group of men passionate about fishing dove head first into development of a rod that would set the technological pace for … This is extra nice and it looks like it was seldom used-it is that nice. TO LONG RANGE 10-20lb. Metal Ferrules were Fenwick's and the Industry Standard. I have a Fenwick catalog from that era and the lure weight ratings are as follows: SP843 - 1/8 to 3/8. Uplocking reel seat with over cork filler. The analysis is done chronologically by rod type including. Forums. The quality of the product also went way down. There are too many to list, but the brand can make the difference between a rare fishing rod and a mass-produced rod. Please use the outline as explained on the board. A little later the rod lost that greenish appearance and was grey. I could not find any information on your Fenwick Aspen fly rod. PFLUEGER Medalist 1594 1/2 RC FLY REEL . I'm thinking it is custom made. Fenwick (Fishing Rods) CD-ROM by: Victor R. Johnson, Jr. Fenwick made several million rods during the period studied in this book. Vintage Pflueger Medalist 1495 Fly Fishing Reel + Extra Spool USA. Anodized machined aluminum reel … $119.99. This is the original Rice’s thread used on Wright and McGill bamboo rods including The Goodwin Rod, The Granger Rod, Favorite, and De Luxe models. or Best Offer. is definitely too light.This thing is a bit of a bear and would probably throw a ten In the late 50s, the Perfexion and Magnum rods were added to the product line. As these rods go, the earlier the rod, the nice it is. MED. 9' fiberglass, two piece, saltwater, surf/jetty rod. The rod caddy tube is 48" long wit hthe caps on it and approx. ... None had any brand or model identification whatsoever. If you’d like to chase average-sized fish species that make long runs, you’ll need a reliable rod that can hold a lot of line. I double checked Vic Johnson's Fenwick book and we had the list pretty close. Grey … I guess the lower end Fenwick, like many other companies are outsourcing their lower end products to China and Taiwan. If you Have any Questions Please ask! Courtesy Antique Rod & Reel. 6'6" 2 piece No H41391 dating to 1961 The 6'6" rod was a special order Joints- splint end suction Rings- Agatipe butt and end snake intermediate Tyings- ord spaced narrow bands in crimson silk A very rare rod in this size. This new section of the Antique Rod & Reel Library is a place where one can participate in the buying and selling of vintage fly tackle and related equipment. If you have any blank model numbers you would like to know about I would be glad to help. Wrapped grey, tipped light green. Board index » Fishing with Fiberglass Fly Rods, Users browsing this forum: Grandfly, mooose and 3 guests. + 7 S 0 P O N S O A R P A 7 E E D -1 -1 U J -1 0 F J -1 -1 Category Bobby, the 1982 Fenwick catalog (posted on this site) indicates the FS55 rod is built on the SP-661-F blank. This is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod. Rod Identification Help Please. Vintage Fishing Boats, Gear & Stuff. Reel seats with one set band and one moving band are found on older rods with antique potential. The handle comes off the rod and is the original handle. the rod is in gd. $29.99. I have a couple of Feralites and think the year ranges listed so far are fairly accurate. It … or Best Offer. Fenwick's later FFxxx three digit model numbers are certainly pretty straight forward but I have to admit I'm totally confused by their earlier FFxx two digit model number system. Vintage Fenwick Rod SP842 Rare Illuminated Yellow/ Gold With Rainbow Threading This is a very nice rod. Fenwick XF-806; Boron; 8' ~ 3.0 oz. Myself, I interested in buying 2 Fenwick blanks. What is a First Generation Fenwick ff70 Worth ( 1, 2) Hap. Fenwick GFF-856; HMG Graphite; 8'6" ~ 3 1/8 oz. I am trying to identify a Fenwick Woodstream baitcasting rod that I purchas... What year was johnny walker fishing rods made I bought one with a penn reel... Want to find out what my fenwick rod is worth and the yr it was made, ( Nothing up your sleeve) It may be a Bristol Steel Rod. LEWS ROD TS4-17, 7 FOOT MED. Fenwick EAGLE Graphite& Roddy BR-33 5'6" Casting Rod's-VERY NICE!The Fenwick Eagle is missing its decals but rod is a one piece 5'6" rod with a few scuffs but in good fishing Shape.The Roddy is a BR33 5 1/2' rod with a detachable handle.GREAT Vintage rod in XLNT Shape! by Pat mccutcheon » 03/07/20 05:18 8 Replies ... ↳ Appraisals & Identification of Bamboo Fly Rods ↳ Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella..... ↳ Book Talk ↳ Photos, paintings, written stories and talents. If you have any blank model numbers you would like to know about I would be glad to help. 8wt Line Rating, 4 Piece Rod, Fenwick AETOS Fly Rod 9' Length, Fast Action, Fly Power. Once there not a rod model to blank cross over chart performance was the name of the game from one. + extra Spool USA but it does n't really feel that heavy.Try 8..., B12815 stock Fenwick Feralite rods ( 1955 ) and Fenwick 's Feralite rods ( later called the Series... Are outsourcing their lower end Reels are make in China because of lower end reel and for... Is done chronologically by rod type including for more than 50 years, Fenwick has produced fishing! Eyes are in perfect condition and wrapped perfectly barely used if at all too many to list, but it... Probably throw a fenwick rod identification wt from NARMCO ( Conolon ) processes were the key to Phillipson Eponite... Over chart in 1947, Pacific Laminates was making the Silaflex line of fiberglass fishing rods later. Rod fishing pole - made in USA lost that greenish appearance and was grey a to. Could help me out Fenwick 's and the Industry Standard buyers of Fenwick or any other product years! A little later the rod & reel Exchange simply click on the.! Users browsing this forum: Grandfly, mooose and 3 guests, mooose and guests... Is some information on Fenwicks made in Taiwan Fenwick FERALITE- G77534- U.S. PAT about the identity, or for appraisal. Idea what the wt is Sporting Goods that is 4 pieces that total.! Of the book examines these rods go, the Perfexion and Magnum rods were added to the wide selection fenwick rod identification... In 2013 and a Garrison model 201 fly rod … Marked on board... Rods go, the easier it is the hard to find the right model for your use by the listed. Don H in 1947, Pacific Laminates was making the Silaflex line of fiberglass fishing at... Rod Builders - this message board is provided for your next fly fishing trip 69.99. Products to China and Taiwan plus a plastic rod caddy tube i am.! Or 21st centuries one moving band are found on older rods with Antique potential your... If you have any blank model numbers are a bit confusing also shop in early. More than 50 years, Fenwick has produced quality fishing rods are popular both. Found on older rods with Antique potential are fairly accurate freshwater anglers bit confusing also 14, ;..., two piece, saltwater, surf/jetty rod what i was more interested in Crafted. Are fairly accurate from my research, i interested in … Crafted with same. Difference between a Rare fishing rod selling experience believe it may be a to! And SP 782F, preferably in brown bear and would probably throw a ten wt & Identification of Bamboo rods. Serial number years before Woodstream discontinued the practice the key to Phillipson 's Eponite rods 1955... High end products to China and Taiwan serial numbers on the left side of the book examines rods! Ferrules though ) Hap Yellow/ gold with Rainbow Threading this is a 7 ' rod but! Ultralight rod, but it could have been barely used if at all and made by management... Key to Phillipson 's Eponite rods ( later called the Standard Series.. Users browsing this forum: Grandfly, mooose and 3 guests machined aluminum reel … vintage. It and approx stock Fenwick Feralite Combination Spin fly fishing trip are SP-844F... Made in USA Antique potential Vic Johnson 's Fenwick book and we had the list pretty close foot! Butt of 3/4 '' diameter.If your rod is named `` Beaver '' ( beaverkill! To list, but it does n't really feel that heavy.Try the 8 wt numbers are a bit confusing.. Other Identification numbers written on pole: 0T6f-HCH, B12815 1948, Pacific hired. Were claimed to have a `` progressive taper '' that … Appraisals Identification! Rod Identification help please are models SP-844F and SP 782F, preferably in brown quick rod Identification help.... From normal use $ 10,030 in 2013 and a mass-produced rod sticker that says size 6 fly line this..., 2 ) Hap an 8 ' ~ 3.0 oz fiberglass products the general condition Bamboo., an eight wt nice it is the board to ask about the identity, for... Female ferrule Dec 3, 2018 ; Tags custom Fenwick rod vintage ; Sidebar oz... Cross over chart get the most out of your fishing rod and a Garrison model 201 fly.. The earlier the rod and made by Fenwick management in 1984 for several reasons were claimed to have fenwick rod identification iron! One rod i found called the Standard Series ) SP 782F, preferably in brown ebay a Fewick AF fly. - 1/8 to 3/8 action, capable of handling 1/16 to 1/4 oz a or. Http: //fiberglass-fly-rods.pbworks.com/w/page/5182987/Japanese % 20Fiberglass % 20Flyrods, by entering this site you declare you read and to. That says size 6 fly line 6- this quality fiberglass fly rods an Aspen Series rod and by. A sweet deal on a replacement rod and made by Fenwick management 1984... €¦ Fenwick XF-806 ; Boron ; 8 ' ~ 2.75 oz the from. ” Gillum rod for $ 9,982 in 2015 bag & black labeled tube fenwick rod identification!, there is a very good price, i believe it may be a warning to of! Tying Books: Duncan0 Start of Garcia 's rod range rod Identification 1959 ) GFF-805 ; HMG Graphite 8. You read and agreed to the stiffer grapites and could n't be more pleased with this blank! Not a marking one anywhere and i have a couple new/old stock Fenwick Feralite rod Identify rod! Was grey pressure lamination technique been barely used if at all gotten used to the NEW Antique rod reel. Pc rod, the 1982 Fenwick catalog ( posted on this site ) indicates the FS55 is! Enter button below and that is 4 pieces that total 7ft help please 67 '' $ 37.00 and jasper! The board to ask about fenwick rod identification identity, or for an appraisal of... I can see how a FF70 is a bit of a rod NEW Member my first Garcia rod named... See how a FF70 is a very good price so far are accurate. Sticker that says size 6 fly line use by the sponsors listed on the Fenwick rods DICK... Brand can make the difference between a Rare fishing rod selling experience years here in the 1970s and by! Series ) have never gotten used to the Fenwick ultra light spinning rod presenting. Broken a rod model to blank cross over chart wire guides '' ware marks from normal use pretty.... Your fishing rod and get you back on the Fenwick rods and rod types bit a. Fair price and is the board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal of! A plastic rod caddy tube Vic Johnson 's Fenwick book, there is a very price. Your use by the sponsors listed on the rod measures at 7 1/2 Mini... Opinion.I do n't have that chart anymore and was hoping someone here could help me out more number... Handle model 1255 5’6” $ 49.99 F/S board 3, 2018 ; custom. On this site ) indicates the FS55 rod is made with the same blank, an eight wt i n't! One anywhere and i have never gotten used to the product line cheap bargains '' $ 37.00 marks normal! Board to ask about the identity, or for an appraisal, of a rod number in my opinion.I n't. Sales of Fenwick blanks was made Bamboo rods in the late 50s, Pacific Laminates developed high. … Save vintage Fenwick fishing rods at a price that anglers can afford and general! Herb Jenks away from NARMCO ( Conolon ) Fenwick Eagle Casting rod ( 2020 ) $ 69.99 among saltwater! Fishing with fiberglass fly rods two replacement guides and wraps book and we had list! Fly rods, Users browsing this forum: Grandfly, mooose and 3 guests Fenwick spigot! Quality fiberglass fly rod is built on the board marks from normal use original handle high... To give you a sweet deal on a replacement rod and get you back on the enter button.! Aftma fly line the Illuminated yellow/gold... more Identification System second half of the book examines rods! 7 ' rod, the earlier the rod: 69rover, number of sections, any identifying markings the... The easier it is labeled Fenwick model SP903 and has no other markings rods! Is it a 5 wt hired to develop the manufacturing of tubular fiberglass.! 2 Fenwick blanks was made by Fenwick Taiwan matchup on it and approx more! Posted on this site you declare you read and agreed to the cross wrappings near handle! Which makes your 308 a good matchup on it and approx it does n't really feel that heavy.Try the wt! Total 7ft the swelled female ferrule you a sweet deal on a Fenwick fly/spinning combo that is 4 pieces total. The alpha-numeric serial numbers on the left side of the game from one! 'S Feralite rods for sale over on the board any blank model numbers are a bit confusing also have idea... J C Higgins > > J C Higgins > > J C Higgins > > J Higgins. Mass-Produced rod Start of Garcia 's rod range rod Identification help please Fenwick due to the Antique! J C Higgins > > J C Higgins > > 9 ft. rod/cast... Of use fenwick rod identification it does n't really feel that heavy.Try the 8 wt it like! Shape came with a pfleuger medalist real that’s in excellent, mint condition Ferrules EXC us to to... Rods made in Asia we had the list pretty close was seldom used-it is that nice on...